Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING MUST BE CITED in APA format.
For this class, the Walmart Analysis for Leadership assignment will apply toward Folio. Be sure to upload your paper to Folio once you have completed it and share a link in your submission in addition to uploading it to Waypoint to be graded. Learn more about Folio, Ashford’s ePortfolio tool, by viewing the Folio Quick Start Guide (Links to an external site.).
In the first half of the assignment, you will prepare for Walmart to operate in a foreign market. You will need to analyze at least two leadership models and/or styles to determine which one will be more suitable for leading employees and for responding to stakeholders in a country outside of North America. Determine the leadership competencies that would be beneficial to you as a leader in the selected foreign market. You will choose either Peru, New Zealand, Philippines, Egypt, Czech Republic, or the United Arab Emirates for your analysis. You will also need to compare the concepts of cultural leadership according to how they can be applied in the country that you have selected. You must also determine the leadership skills and practices that should be used in order to foster team and organizational success.
In the second half of the assignment, you will conduct an analysis of the country that you have decided to expand operations into. The analysis must include the rationale for country selection based upon demographic and economic data. Lastly, the analysis should inform leadership about the country’s culture based upon GLOBE’s nine dimensions of culture as argued in Northouse (2018). Incorporate each of the nine dimensions of culture in an analysis that will be hypothetically presented to Walmart leadership. When utilizing the nine dimensions, current information about the culture of the selected country must be utilized. The purpose of this preliminary analysis is to make sure that the leadership team understands the complexities of expanding into the country that you have selected. The paper should be eight to ten double-spaced pages and include five scholarly references.
In your paper,
- Analyze the demographic and economic data of a country that Walmart is currently not operating in.
- Conduct an analysis for Walmart leadership about the country’s culture based upon the GLOBE’s nine dimensions of culture.
- Explain how Walmart’s leadership skills and practices may lead to organizational success.
- Formulate a model of cultural and ethical leadership as it applies to Walmart at a global level.
The Walmart Analysis for Leadership Final Paper
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- The Walmart Analysis for Leadership Final Paper
- Markis’ Edwards
- BUS 621
- Dr. Salvatore Ferraro
- March 1, 2021
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page in APA format.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper. There should be a THESIS Sentence in the introduction.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text. That is a total of six sources.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style. MUST BE IN APA throughout paper.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
- The Course text: Northouse, P. G. (2018). Leadership: Theory and practice (8th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
I have attached all the needed documents below.