Imagine for a moment that you are a hacker; an ethical one. You are called upon by law enforcement based on your expertise to hack into a network of a business known to be launching crimes against humanity as its primary mission for operation and capital gain. Assume you are not to be concerned with any politics of the job and your actions are legal and ethically justified. This nefarious business takes its own security seriously and therefore has implemented several forms of network security such as firewalls, Web proxies for its Web gateways, and VPNs for remote users. You also know that this business exists much like any normal corporation, renting several floors of office space to accommodate between 100-200 employees. Also imagine that the business’s entire network topology is located in that same location. Your goal is to infiltrate the security enough to find evidence included in the local MSQL database. You need to remain anonymous and operate within the reasonable parameters of the law.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Explain your method of attack and operation within reasonable parameters of the law.
- Discuss specific malware, social engineer, or any other type of attacks you would deploy to achieve your desired goals.
- Assess the hurdles you expect and how you plan to overcome them.
- Determine how you would remain anonymous without blowing your cover.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the essentials of Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP / IP) behavior and applications used in IP networking.
- Explain the concepts of network security and associated ethical issues in addressing exploits.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in network security design.
- Write clearly and concisely about Advanced Network Security Design topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.