Speech #2 – is a Rhetorical analysis of a movie or a music video. The first version of the project is due on 02/07/21. You will submit it on the Unit 2 discussion board for peer and instructor feedback. The final written and oral version of the project is due on 02/14/21. You will need time to work on the project. Please start today, read the instructions, and review the sample/s. There is a list to choose from. Please select a partner in this class to work with.
Unit 2 Teams” Discussion Board Posts: Please visit eCampus and click on the “Unit 2 Teams” option:
- Name(s) of your Speech 2 partner(s)
- Title of the movie or music video
- Jane Doe, Frank Simpson
- Crazy Rich Asians
Written Project Points: 75
Oral Project Points: 75
Time: 4-6 MINUTES
DYAD: 2 MEMBERS (Optional) for 50 bonus points
- American Psycho (2000)
- Belle (2013)
- The First Purge Trailer (2018)
- Get Out (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
- And the Band Played On (1993)
- The Namesake (2006)
- The Joy Luck Club (1993)
- Real Women Have Curves (2002)
- The Walkout (2006)
- Crazy Rich Asians (2018)
- US (2019)
- The Cabin in the Woods (2012)
- Remember the Titans (2000)
MUSIC VIDEO OPTIONS
- “This is America” by Childish Gambino
- “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B
- “APES**T” – by The Carters
- “Patience” by Damian Marley and Nas “Same Love” by Macklemore &
- Ryan Lewis feat. Mary Lambert
- “Born This Way” by Lady GaGa
- “Where Is the Love?” by The Black- Eyed Peas
- “Perfect” by Pink
- “Brave” by Sara Bareilles
- “Stand Up” by Cynthia Erivo
- “Don’t Touch My Hair” by Solange
- “Dear Mr. President” by Pink
- “Animals”- by Maroon 5
- “American Idiot” by Green Day
- “Formation” by Beyoncé
- “Now” by Miguel
- “Glory” – Common & John Legend
- “Video” – India Arie
- “Black Woman” – Danielle Brooks “I Can’t Breathe”- H.E.R.
- “Africa” – Yemi Alade ft. Sauti Sol
- “ One Day” – Matisyahu
- “Make it home”- TOBE NWIGWE
- “March” – The Chic
Please review the following:
A quiz was assigned in Unit 2 to review the “Understanding APA and avoiding plagiarism PowerPoint”. Please pay attention to the following:
- Students will not receive credit in SPCH 1311 for plagiarized assignments: There is a zero-tolerance policy for this practice.
- Plagiarism can be intentional (copying, stealing, buying a paper) or unintentional (forgetting to cite, or citing work incorrectly or inconsistently).
- The consequences for intentional and unintentional plagiarism are the same. To avoid plagiarism, you will learn and practice, how to cite your sources using APA format.
- Please remember: Every sentence that is not your idea should include a citation. The first time that you cite a source please use the verbal citation in your outline (this becomes an oral citation when you deliver your speech.
Why you need verbal citations tell the audience:
- How current the information is?
- Where the information can be found
- Why a source of information is credible?
- What information was provided by the source
Sample verbal Citation: Please use this version first
In the communication textbook, Understanding Human Communication written by Adler, Rodman and DuPré (2017) culture is described as a set of customs, beliefs and traditions shared by a group of people.
Outline: After using the verbal citation for each source once: Please use the in-text citations for every other idea that comes from that source.
- Use the in-text citation
- Smith (2016) or (Smith, 2016) for every idea that comes from that source.
If you do not complete the outline and PowerPoint: You can still succeed:
- Instead you can:
- Written Action Plan and Oral Report.
- You will not be required to use research.
- You should include a time management action plan to tell the audience what your mistakes were and how you will improve your process to ensure you complete the next project that you are a part of (maximum of 70% of the overall project grade).