Please see the question attached. You also can find the answers in Chapter 8 (textbook attached).
I need the work done in 24 hrs.
Announcing the Close of a Division
Imagine that you are the head of Yippee’s video division and have the unfortunate task of communicating to employees—by email—that the service will be discontin- ued. The company’s plan is to archive current videos but no longer host new videos. With competing sites such as YouTube, Hulu, and Vimeo, Yippee does not see a competitive advantage and wants to invest in other services, such as email and photo sharing.
- What is the purpose of your message?
- Describe your audience.
- Should you use a direct or an indirect organizational plan? Why?
- Write the first sentence of your email. Be professional, yet sensitive to employees’ concerns.
- How much space should you devote to discussing the reasons for the decision? Why?
- Write the last sentence of your email. Strive for a forward-looking approach, but be careful not to minimize employees’ feelings.
Draft, revise, format, and proofread your email. Then submit both your answers to the process questions and your revised email to your instructor.