- Go to http://highered.mheducation.com/sites/0073521507/information_center_view0/index.html
click on “student edition”, go to cases and click on “Campbell-Ewald Pumps Awareness into the American Heart Association case”. Then, once you have read the case answer questions 2 and 3 from the case.(one page or two) Answer the questions in APA style.
- Assume the following:
2.1. A local restaurant is planning a study on demand for meals over holiday weekends. In calculating the desired sample size for the study, the restaurant’s researcher decides to use a rule-of-thumb calculation for estimating the population dispersion. If the range of meals in the study is 0 to 30, what standard deviation does the rule-of-thumb method produce? Show the calculation; otherwise, the answer will not be accepted.
3. Go to http://highered.mheducation.com/sites/0073521507/information_center_view0/index.html , click on “student edition”, go to cases and click on “Mastering Teaching Leadership case”. This exercise is a data analysis assignment. Then, once you have read the case and analyzed the survey’s results, follow the steps shown below:
- To get the survey’s results excel file go tohttp://highered.mheducation.com/sites/0073521507/student_view0/additional_material_related_to_cases.html , go to “Additional materials related to cases”, copy and paste the “Mastering teaching leadership excel file” in your computer, then open the file.
- The file shows the results obtained from applying the survey which appears at the end of the case: Pick five questions from the survey, and build a frequency table for each question, along with either a pie chart or a bar chart
- Go to page 444 and study “Cross-Tabulation” technique. Then, go to the case’s survey, and select any two of the variables (questions) in the survey. Go to the excel file, click on pivot table function (upper left corner under “Insert” tab), and cross the two variables selected by you by using the pivot table function. To know how to use the pivot table in Excel, click on the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xfuPPrI1f8 from YouTube and learn from it. Repeat the same on the excel file with the two variables selected by you previously, and obtain the result.
Once you have followed the steps aforementioned, do the following: Analyze the results obtained from steps 2 and 3, craft an executive report (Google “how to write down an executive report”) based on your findings from step 2 and 3. Do not forget to include the management question of the Mastering Teaching Leadership case.