Having read the material for weeks five and six as indicated in the Course Syllabus, along with the respective Weekly Course Lessons and the Weekly Course Announcement, research and select a recent man-made (technological), a natural, or a terror incident response scenario and write a clear and descriptive narrative that:
- Provides an overview of the event and which summarizes how the Incident Command System (ICS) process was or might have been used. In doing so and based on your research, clearly also indicate:
- The history and inception of ICS; and
- The ICS component organizational structure – to offer clarity on each of its five elements.
- Further discuss the extent to which the U.S. is prepared for dealing with catastrophic events such as acts of bio-terror and / or infectious pandemic outbreaks and present your position as to which potential, specific threat is most probable, in terms of our nation’s assessed vulnerabilities as you see them. You are free to postulate the means / methods by which you believe such attacks could be carried out and how they might be mitigated in terms of both response and public health consequences.
Research and investigation beyond those materials indicated in the course-ware will be required.
- Your assignment must be properly formatted and cited using the most recent edition of the APA manual.
- Your assignment must be a minimum of 750 words, not counting cover page and reference page material. Your writing can be longer, but it cannot be under the minimum indicated word-count for credit.
- Do not simply list questions and respond – your work is intended to be a complete, integrative narrative that embodies an introduction, a body within which you respond to the targeted questions, and a summary and conclusion.