Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 10, 11
· Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
Consider one of the following current social issues – or one of your choice:
· Opioid crisis
· Legalization of recreational or medical marijuana
· Elimination of the electoral college
· Gun control
For the initial post, address the following:
· State your position on one of these issues – are you for, against, or neutral? Explain why. Avoid vagueness or ambiguity in your response. Make your position very clear.
· Examine how you have formed that opinion.
o How well do you think you know the facts?
o Do you know and understand statistical information that applies to the issue?
o Do you think you have formed your opinion using only System-1 thinking, or have you applied System-2?
o What part have heuristics, cognitive bias, and dominance structuring played in how you have formed your opinions?