Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
- Yoder-Wise, P. S. (2015).
- Chapters 6, 9, 27, and 30
- Truglio-Londrigan, M., & Slyer, J. T. (2018). Shared decision-making for nursing practice: An integrative review. The Open Nursing Journal, 12, 1–14. doi:10.2174/1874434601812010001
Online Materials & Resources
- Visit the CINAHL Complete under the A-to-Z Databases on the University Library’s website and locate/read the articles below:
- Barden, A., Griffin, M., Quinn, T., Donahue, M., & Fitzpatrick J. (2011). Shared governance and empowerment in registered nurses working in a hospital setting. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 35(3), 212-2018.
- Yeatts, D. E., Shen, Y., Yeatts, P. E., Solkoglu, O., & Seckin, G. (2016). Shared decision making in nursing homes: Factors associated with the empowerment of direct care workers. Journal of Aging and Health, 28(4), 6216-43.
- Hart, C. (2015). The elephant in the room: Nursing and nursing power on an interprofessional team. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 46(8), 349-355.
Where and how are decisions made in your organization? How can you be invited to the table to be an active participant in decision making that influences your practice?
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.