1. A(n) ________ is a structured grouping of people working together to achieve common goals.
2. Which of the following job titles is an example of a staff position?
3. ________ planning guides the current and near-term activities required to implement overall strategies.
4. Organization charts are the visual indication of a firm’s ________.
5. Which of the following is an example of on-the-job training?
6. A complaint that management is violating a provision of a union contract often results in ________.
7. The Fair Labor Standards Act ________.
8. Gain sharing is an employee benefit that provides ________.
9. ________ communication with customers should create goodwill and contribute to customer satisfaction.
10. Concerning the grapevine, all of the following statements are correct EXCEPT:
11. Feedback ________.
12. What is the first step a company should do when responding to a crisis?
13. A firm can monitor quality level output in all of the following ways EXCEPT ________.
14. Implementing a production plan involves all of the following steps EXCEPT ________.
15. A(n) ________can repeat the same tasks numerous times without varying its movement.
16. Which phase of production control determines the amount of all resources needed to produce a certain amount of goods and services?
17. The era in marketing history characterized by the notion that creative advertising would convince consumers to buy a product is known as the ________ era.
18. Personal and interpersonal determinants affect which step(s) in the consumer behavior process?
19. The era in marketing history characterized by the notion that a good product will sell itself is known as the ________ era.
20. The marketing function creates all of the following types of utility EXCEPT ________ utility.
21. Items that consumers purchase frequently, immediately, and with little effort are ________ products.
22. Where does the supply chain end?
23. Jan takes her car to Oil Express for an oil change. This is an example of a(n) ________.
24. Newspapers and magazines use which approach to distribution intensity?
25. Raoul’s job is to make sure that his company’s goods get from the warehouse to retailers in a timely fashion. Raoul’s job involves the ________ function
BUS 508 Final Exam 2
1. A paid, non-personal sales communication usually directed at a large number of potential buyers
2. The process of finalizing a sale is the ________.
3. In breakeven analysis, total cost is composed of ________.
4. Business costs that remain change with the level of production are called ________ costs.
5. When a firm tries to differentiate its products, it often applies a concept known as
6. An expert system would most likely be used to ________.
7. The person who directs a firm’s management information systems and related computer operations is often called the ________.
8. The largest type of computer system with the most extensive storage capacity and the fastest processing speeds is a ________
9. Which of the following is an application program?
10. Raw facts and figures are ________.
11. All of the following are tangible assets EXCEPT ________.
12. What is the primary role of a government accountant?
13. ________ activities focus on selling goods and services.
14. ________ activities provide the necessary funds to start a business and to expand it after it begins operations
15. The natural progression of a business begins with ________.
16. The ____ is a collection of financial markets in which previously issued securities are traded among investors.
17. The most common type of order is called a ___. It instructs the broker to obtain the best possible price—the highest price when selling and the lowest price when buying.
18. When a company needs capital to purchase inventory, expand a plant, make major investments, acquire another firm, or pursue other business goals, it may sell a bond or stock issue to the investing public. This is done which market?
19. A _____ is a time deposit at a financial institution, such as a commercial bank, savings bank, or credit union.
20. These securities are backed by a pool of mortgage loans purchased from lenders, such as savings banks.
21. Borrowing money ________.
22. All of the following actions result in equity capital EXCEPT ________.
23. In the typical firm, the ________ is the chief accounting manager.
24. When a firm receives goods or services from a supplier and agrees to pay for them at a later date, this arrangement is called ________.
25. All of the following are sources of short-term funds EXCEPT ________.