In Assignment 1, you have defined key portions of your project. Now, it is time to develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and project schedule for your project. Note: Please use the project from Assignment 1 to complete this assignment, which requires that you develop a WBS & Project Schedule for your project.
This assignment requires you to:
- Create a WBS for your project using the proper format (MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, or any other applicable format) to depict WBS graphically (see Figure 4.4 from Chapter 4 of the Larsen textbook). Alternatively, you may use a coded format using MS Word (See Exhibit 4.1 from Chapter 4 of the Larson textbook as an example. The example is in MS Project format but the same could be done in MS Excel).
- Create a project schedule that lists all of the core activities, dates (start & finish), and resources to complete your project. While it is recommended that you use MS Project, you can use MS Excel to create your schedule. Your project schedule must contain at least 30 separate activities/tasks.
- The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop a project plan including the critical elements of project scope, priorities, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and communication plan.
- Develop a project network to implement the project plan, manage projects effectively, and complete required resource reallocation.
- Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.