Architect Daniel Libeskind is credited with saying “To provide meaningful architecture is not to parody history, but to articulate it.” The suggestion is that his work does not copy the efforts of others but relies on it.
Understanding the work of others is critically important to new work. Contributions to the nursing body of knowledge can happen when you are able to analyze and articulate the efforts of previous research. Hence research analysis skills are critical tools for your toolbox.
In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this week in support of locating and analyzing research.
- Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic of interest to you in your specialty field.
- Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts as described by the article
Conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
- Clearly identify the topic of interest you have selected.
- Provide an accurate and complete APA formatted citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details.
- Clearly identify and describe in detail a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
- Provide a clear and accurate analysis of the article using the Research Analysis Matrix section of the template.
- Write a 1-paragraph justification that clearly and accurately explains in detail whether you would recommend the use of this article to inform professional practice. Note: You can use the CARP method as presented in the Resources for this week on evaluating resources.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
- Clearly and accurately describe in detail your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research.
- Clearly identify and accurately describe in detail at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research.
- Provide a complete, detailed, and specific synthesis of at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research.
- Integrate at least one outside resource and 2-3 course specific resources to fully support your summary.
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Week 1 Assignment, which was built off the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template.
Remember to include an introduction paragraph which contains a clear and comprehensive purpose statement which delineates all required criteria, and end the assignment Part with a conclusion paragraph.